Whether you’re a health fanatic and can’t wait to get back into your exercise routine after the baby is born, or you’ve never exercised a day in your life - these four moves are so easy they allow for an array of new moms to be able to their fitness on.
1. Slow Dancing: Your baby loves and needs to be held so you might as well burn some calories while holding them, right? Hold your baby in your arms or put them in a carrier or wrap, and dance away.
Not only will the fluid movements lull baby to sleep, but you’ll be doing your body a favor by being a little physical
2. Curls: While baby is napping, grab your hand weights and get curling.
3. Stretches: Another great exercise that is not super strenuous. Stretches can be done when baby is asleep or awake.
Sit on the floor and do some simple stretching or get in some easy yoga moves. If you have an exercise ball, break it out and loosen up those tight muscles.
4. Lunges: Another versatile exercise, lunges are fantastic for toning legs, calves, thighs, and the buttocks. These are probably the most beneficial to sneak in when you can.
5. Walking: Probably the best and safest exercise out there - walking.
Great to do with a new baby. Strap baby into the stroller and get going. You’ll both get to take in the scenery, breathe in some fresh air, and they’ll probably get lulled to sleep by the movement of the stroller. Win-win for all.
● As always, consult with your doctor before starting any exercise program and keep them informed of your progress along the way.
● If you’re breastfeeding, keep in mind that you’ll need extra calories, so it’s best not to calorie count.
● And remember, it’s always safest to lose weight slowly, naturally, and with the help of a doctor.