Your baby is almost here. Maybe the nesting instinct has visited you and maybe it’s still on its way. Regardless, it’s always a good idea to be ahead of the game with prepping for your baby’s arrival.
With the hustle and bustle that’s soon to be ongoing in your house, here are a few things you can do now to help make things a little smoother once your little one gets here.
1. Yard Sale: These are always handy for getting rid of unwanted things and for making some extra cash on the side. Go through your dwelling and rid yourself of clutter and items that you haven’t used in a while and no longer need.
Once the baby gets here, they’ll need the room more than your unwanted junk does.
2. Start A Scrapbook: These are simply wonderful to do and a fantastic way to remind yourself of how your baby’s life started out.
Include things like sonogram pictures, pregnancy pictures, and nursery pictures. Buy pretty paper and accessories to help the memories stand out.
3. Get The Guest Room Ready: If you have one of these in your home, then prep it for family and friends who may be stopping by to help you when the little one arrives.
If you were thinking of getting new bedding or changing some decorations to the room then now is the time.
4. Cook, Cook, Cook: You’ll be thankful you have healthy, home-cooked meals ready and available on those busy days when a newborn can (and will) take up all of your time.
Freeze as many meals and prep ingredients as you can now to make your life that much easier after the baby.
5. Organize Baby’s Space: Decide on where all the furniture will go, make sure her closet and draws are organized, and wash all of her new clothes.
Take an inventory of what you have and what you still need and go out an get it before the baby arrives.
Sometimes it can be the little things - like different style/size pacifiers - that can make all the difference between a happy baby and an unhappy baby. It’s best to have everything you know you’re going to need ready and waiting for baby’s arrival.